Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy birthday Robert Martens

Cover image by Chiu Ming Chiang
The author of Poltergeist (2011) has agreed to do Seven of the Proust so that we can celebrate his birthday.

Here are his down to earth answers:

1.What is your idea of happiness?
Life with a community of good people.

2.What is your favourite virtue?
Kindness. Much underrated.


3.What is your biggest weakness?
Passivity. Perhaps that's why I admire activists so much.

4.Who are your favourite poets?
As a young guy, William Blake was the man. Even a couple of years ago, my first destination in London was the Tate and the roomful of Blake etchings. I also love Allen Ginsberg, who is interesting even when his poems are slovenly. Passion is all I ask.

5.Who are your favourite heroes and heroines in history?
I can't say I have any heroes or heroines at all. But I admire the good people, with all their flaws, who live for justice, peace, as they can, in little ways.

6. What do you most dislike?
Politicians who smile through their teeth.
 
 
7. What is your motto?
Make it through another day—with joy.




No comments:

Lipstick Press is not publishing books now

Dear Poets Sorry to let you know we have not been publishing chapbooks since 2010. We did some online publishing - mainly for social iss...